- 4 oz mustard microgreens
- 1 lb (450 g) callaloo leaves
- 1 aubergine (eggplant)
- 2 green bananas
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 11/2 pts (850 ml) water
- 4 pimento berries
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 hot pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb (225 g) young okra
- 1/4 pt (150 ml) coconut milk
- Thoroughly wash the callaloo leaves and remove most of the stem.
- Drain and coarsely chop.
- Peel the eggplant and chop into 2 cm dice.
- Keeping the skin on, cut the green bananas into thick slices.
- Place these vegetables together with chopped onion and garlic in a large soup pan.
- Add the water, pimento, cloves, thyme, hot pepper, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil and simmer, covered until the vegetables are tender (about 30 min).
- Take out the slices of green banana, remove the skin, and return to the pan.
- Remove the hot pepper, which should still be whole, and the thyme.
- Rub the soup through a sieve or liquidize briefly.
- Slice the okra into rounds.
- Return the soup to the pan.
- Add the okra, coconut milk, and microgreens.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve.
Note: If it is more readily available, use spinach as a substitute for callaloo.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Soup
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: mustard microgreens, amaranth microgreens, micorgreens nutrition, microgreens superfoods